- Her full name is Marie-Antoinette (one name) Anais Boucher, and she gets teased a lot back home because Marie Antoinette was a French queen who was beheaded.
- Instead of using her full name, she chooses to go by Antoinette.
- Her mother is Italian, her father is French.
- She speaks three languages (French, Italian, English) and is learning Spanish and German.
- She's in seventh grade, like me.
- I have two classes with her.
- She was born in a town called Versailles (she pronounces it vur-SY) and was raised in another town called Nice (pronounced like niece instead of nice). I'm sure Avery or Sophie may be much better at writing out the pronouncing of these names, though.
- Her birthday is May 2.
- She admires France's first lady, Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, a former model who has also launched a music career.
- Her family in France is fairly well-off.
- She is an only child.
- Her favorite artist is someone called Lady GaGa, and like me she doesn't get the obsession with Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana. "It's not that I don't like Mi-lee or Anna," she says in her cutely accented English, "it's just that they are not my favorite."
- She wants to write for the paper. Knowing Megan, I'm sure that could be arranged.
- She loves Harry Potter, admits to having a crush on Daniel Radcliffe (the guy that played him in the movies), and fantasized about being a Hogwarts student.
- She loves fashion and is interested in the AG couture scene.
The cool thing about having her around now is we actually get to practice the French we're learning in class. I actually think she's okay. If I could rescue her from the clutches of the evil Meredith...
And the other cool thing about having access to the computers in the newspaper office is, they're connected to the internet... ;-)