Friday, August 7, 2009

Guest post #2: Harriet!


Yo! Harriet here. Y'all have probably heard a lot about me, cause I'm sure Haley's had a lot to say about me. But y'all have never heard FROM me. So, now, here I am.
For starters, Haley came back last week, but she's resting, so she'll be back posting next week sometime. I'm sure y'all probably will be glad to hear from her again.
My full name is Harriet Louisa Jones. I know it sounds like an old fashioned name, and it was given to me by my mom. I'm named after my two grandmothers, Harriet and Louisa. Louisa's dead, and Harriet is the one who's raising me. I don't have any siblings, but I have a whole lot of cousins and other relatives, so there's always somebody around.
I know Haley's not so much into music, but I love it. Mostly I like hip hop and R&B, but I like some pop. I have to admit I LURVE the Jonas Bros and some Miley Cyrus...but I'm not so into Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato. I've also found grandma's old Jackson Five records and have been listening to those, ever since Michael Jackson died.
Sometimes I wonder why Haley and I are friends, we're so different. I'm a couch potato and like watching TV and listening to music, she's much more active and would prefer reading to the tube. I barely read what I have to read at school, and writing for this??? I don't know how she does it.
Ok, where was I? Oh yeah, I was in summer school most of the summer, which is a total bummer. And I had some very long talks with Haley's cousin, Nicki Fleming. Nicki came down to visit Haley for the summer, only to have her up and leave on this traveling doll thing. I never understood it, myself. Nicki being Nicki, was dissapointed by Haley leaving, but she and I actually got close, in part because of it.
Last year, when Haley came to Adams, she was this girl that didn't seem to know where she was, and I've watched her grow and change just in the past year. I've mostly been along for the ride. We start seventh grade next week, so I can't wait to find out what else is in store!
Peace and love, Harriet

4 comments:

Cali Hazelwood said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cali Hazelwood said...

Hi, Harriet! It was great getting to know you. BTW, I love your name- it is so pretty! ;-)

Cali***
crazyforcali.blogspot.com

Sophie Amélie said...

Hey Harriet! It's great to hear from you. I'm super glad to hear that Haley came back home safely.

Oh...and about that friend thing...opposites *do* attract for sure. So you and Haley being friends is no more bizarre than me and Nathalie being friends.

Sophie

Avery Voisin said...

Hi Harriet! Haley's posted about you lots :) It was great learning more about you. I like to listen to music too. I'm glad that you and Nicki became friends.

Haley's home! I can't wait to hear from her. I hope she had a good time traveling!