Friday, January 23, 2009

The Inauguration and other things

I'm sorry this entry is way late, but that's how busy I've been planning the dance.

Well, it's official, we got a new president. And I like him, a lot. His daughters are our age. Not to mention, Harriet pointed out that he's kind of cute. Definitely not like the old guy that used to be president.

We were at school when it happened, so I caught a little of it on the TV at school. Luckily, Harriet's grandma videotaped it, so she, Kristy, and I watched it there after school. This means a lot for Harriet's grandma. You see, Harriet's grandma grew up in the South where blacks and whites had separate water fountains, separate bathrooms, and went to separate schools. She said she never dreamed all this would happen. I can't imagine not being at the same school with Harriet just because her skin is darker. It would be so weird.

Speaking of being president, I'm finding out that being class president is much harder than I thought it would be. I was checking out some ideas for the Valentine's Day dance... and there was a Chrissa flyer with stuff you could for her cards, and I was thinking about using some of those cut-out decals to decorate the gym. So I decided to suggest my idea to the school dance committee (that I mysteriously found Meredith had put herself on, despite the fact she claimed she didn't care about the dance) and she was, all, "That's so childish!"


Then I heard another voice, I was surprised to hear it. It was Mia's. Mia had been in the room but seldom spoke. "What about a winter pageant?" she asked. "Mix in snowflakes with the Valentine decorations." Hilary seemed to like it, but I wasn't sure, since it is a Valentine's dance. I felt like in hearing out Mia's suggestion I was giving in to Meredith. But I had to admit, Mia did have a point. Then again, Mia is biased. She's a competitive figure skater and still plays ice hockey.

5 comments:

Sabine Aurore Bouchard said...

Our class president is (guess who??) Alyson Edwards. FUN. Does that really surprise you, lol?

OldFashionGirl said...

Hey Hailey!

Hope your dance is a sensation, (and that Meredith doesn't try to do any tricks!)

We'll keep our fingers crossed that all goes well!

xoxoxox
12oldfashiondolls

Katie said...

Hi, I'm Katie the "new girl"! Meredith? Yuck! She sounds mean! If I were a princess I'd banish her to the dungeon for eternity!

Best of wishes,
Katie!

Wendy said...

I'm really excited and happy about the new President too! I hope your dance turns out well... I'm sure it'll be fun no matter what!

OldFashionGirl said...

Hello dear Haley. I read your Chrissa review and it was GREAT! Actual you gave me the idea!

xoxoxo

RUTHIE