Friday, December 16, 2011

Bittersweet



My Innerstar gear arrived yesterday.

And today is my last day at Adams Middle School. After the holiday, I'm going to start school at Innerstar Magnet Academy.

You know what's strange? I spent two years trying to get away from AMS... and now that I've gotten my wish, it's almost like I don't want to go.

For starters, I'm going to miss my BF Harriet loads. Unless she finds a way to get into IMA... but that's not likely at this point. IMA is for gifted and talented girls.

Then, who is going to finish the yearbook?

Oh, and one more thing. I still haven't finished that family history project, and it bothers me. Some of the other kids have come with fascinating stories. Harriet's ancestors had been enslaved. Kat Engel's family comes from Germany and Norway. Lindsey's family is Jewish. Kate Osborne's great-grandparents survived the Great Depression.

So I haven't done a single solitary thing for the project because I've got nothing interesting to add.

1 comment:

Sabine Aurore Bouchard said...

Salut!
I understand what you mean. I wanted to leave my middle school in Lille so badly, but after coming to the States, I somewhat missed it. Actually, I didn't miss it. It's more like this: I missed two certain people in it. One is currently visiting me right now. :)
Keep us updated!
Bonne chance,
Sabine