Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Catching up -- part deux

The other part that has happened is that a bunch of girls have left. There are only a few of us actually remaining. Hilary's gone (again), and quite a few others have left, but I didn't know those girls well. Hilary's departure left the presidency open for me.



Meredith Hopkins no longer attends Adams Middle School, but that doesn't mean she's no longer a problem. Apparently she's now taken to calling me nasty names through my IM. How she got my instant messaging name and account I don't know. And I don't have a Facebook. Given what I've heard about Facebook, I'm kind of scared to get one.



Safe to say the "Pretty Girls" are no longer what they once were. Meredith was so upset at Natalie for becoming cheer captain that she transferred to Hillside, the private school on the other side of town, and, I heard, became cheer captain THERE. And, I'm told, Meredith and Natalie are no longer on speaking terms, even though they live in the same neighborhood. I think Natalie's gymnastics training helped her become cheer captain. As for the third girl, Sasha, she spends most of her time now with glee club -- and the new girl, Cassidy Fitzgerald. And in my book, that's a GOOD thing.







Speaking of Natalie, she and Harriet (yes my best friend) take a yoga class together and have the same PE period. I thought about signing up for the yoga class but with all my duties I've been much too busy. It's actually kind of weird seeing them laughing and talking together.



And I have more news. Remember Antoinette, the French exchange student who spent time here a couple of years back? Well, she applied to attend Innerstar Magnet Academy -- and got in! So, she'll be at IMA when I get there!


Oh, and just this morning I learned that my twin Robyn Pickering's dad passed away suddenly of a heart attack.

3 comments:

Sophie Amélie Moreau said...

Haley,

That's great that Antoinette got into the magnet school! Maybe you two will become better friends?

I'm sorry to hear about Robyn's father. Maybe you could send her a sympathy card?

Sophie

agfriend1 said...

That is sad about Robyn's dad. I couldn't imagine losing a parent.I agree on the sympathy card.

Sabine Aurore Bouchard said...

Salut, Haley!
Yeah, I don't like Facebook much. People get nasty on it, and it isn't cool. Micki uses it for all the wrong reasons, crois-moi...

I'm glad Antoinette got into the magnet school!

Losing a loved one is hard. I know I was completely heartbroken when my grandfather died. I just wanted somebody to talk to. I would let Robyn know that you're there if she needs to talk.

Bises,
Sabine