Monday, September 22, 2008

My New Outfit

After a very slow weekend on this front, I went back to school this morning. Vee bought me this new outfit to wear. She said it was a birthday present, but since my birthday was September 3, and we were all scattered all across the country, she decided to give it to me Saturday. It was a pink blouse with a vest sewn onto it, a pair of blue jeans, and some little ballet flats. Now, I have to admit, I'm not crazy about pink, but I kinda like this outfit.


So, I decided to wear it to school today. Harriet was all, oh, wow, that looks very nice on you, and then she led me to the wall right next to my homeroom. There was my sign, ripped up into tiny little pieces.



"Do you know who did it?" Harriet asked me. I told her I thought I had an idea. What I didn't tell her was who I thought did it -- either Meredith or someone working for her.
Harriet suggested that I go to the principal's office and tell her my sign was torn down and ripped up.
But that wasn't the end of the story. Some of Meredith's little followers came up to me with campaign pins that read "Hop To Hopkins," asking me to vote for her. I wouldn't vote for her even if I weren't running myself. Seriously, if you were in my shoes, would she be the kind of person you'd want for your homeroom rep?

No comments: