Thursday, September 18, 2008

Kristy came home

Well, some (sorta) big news on this front -- Kristy came home.
"Kristy" is Kristina Van Dyke, a girl in my class. I don't know her that well, but Harriet does. Mrs. Baldwin asked me to tutor her.


Kristy spent two weeks in the hospital because she broke her hand in three different places from an accident. As part of her treatment she had to have surgery, and now she has to relearn how to do everything. Including stuff we tend to take for granted.

I'm really sick of Meredith. I wish she'd disappear. Being that she's popular, everybody's gonna crowd around her. I don't understand why she's popular though. Sometimes I think I wish I knew her secret.
Harriet told me she actually used to be friends with Meredith -- back in kindergarten. But she never said why they stopped being friends or what happened.
Katarina's nice. A little quiet, doesn't say much, but she's nice. Meredith rails into her, too, calls her "Fat Kat" because she's chubbier than the rest of us.
Nicki, of course, would rather be with her animals than with other people. I guess that's ok too. Sometimes I can't believe I'm actually related to her. I have to admit, I wasn't thrilled with the idea of Nicki sticking around awhile. But it looks like she might. Her mother is pregnant with twins.
I complained about all this to Robyn, my new pen pal. She lives in New York -- but upstate. I want to go there someday. The idea of becoming a traveling AG excites me.

No comments: