Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sorry for disappearing again...

...but there are still A LOT of things going on in the Human's life. Vee is still on her job search and is currently getting over her 2nd sinus infection in as many months.
Anyway, on my end, I have indeed left Adams Middle School and am currently enrolled at Innerstar Magnet Academy, where I started after Christmas. It's a boarding school for gifted and talented girls, and I'm thrilled to have gotten in. However, I do miss my old friends back at AMS.


This is one of my two new roommates, McKenna Marie Brooks. She comes from Seattle, Washington, and is VERY unlike me. She is a three sport athlete -- gymnastics, cross-country, and tennis, but gymnastics is her favorite. She left behind five-year-old twin sisters, Maisey and Mara (seriously, what kind of names are those?) She and her friends, Mia St. Clair and Natalie Spencer (yes that Natalie, her parents transferred her too) make up three-fourths of the Shooting Stars gymastics team at IMA. And they're ALWAYS together. She's a cheerleader, too. She's a three sport athlete and I'm a total klutz at ANY sport. Sigh. She seems so... perfect. Sigh again.

In my next post I'll introduce you to my other new roommate at IMA.

I look at the girls here at IMA and sometimes I don't think I measure up. They're all super perfect or super talented or three-sport athletes or musicians or actors. I'm none of those things. When I look at the girls at IMA, sometimes I wonder how I even got in.

3 comments:

Sophie Amélie Moreau said...

Hey Haley,

I hope a job for Vee turns up soon! My human is in the same boat, except she isn't sure what she wants to do at all. It's not fun being around her right now. :/

McKenna, McKenna, McKenna....don't you just hate those girls who seem to be perfect at everything? It's funny that she and Natalie are hanging out. They look so much alike that they could be related.

I think Mara is a cute name, BTW. I'm not the biggest fan of Maisey, though.

And, yeah, I know what it feels like to feel like you don't measure up. I'm at a boarding school for the arts and yet I'm not super talented at any of the arts, fine or performing. Half the time I think they just accepted my application because they heard my mom was a former prima ballerina, but I guess...well...I guess I'm okay at ballet and even acting. I'm no star, by any means, though. And you? You are gifted! You have a lot to bring to the table, whether you play three sports or not. Life isn't just about excelling in sports. I'm sure you'll fit in soon. I'm sure of it.

Sophie

Sabine Aurore Bouchard said...

Salut, Haley!
Haha, the "Everything" girls...I don't find them to be too irritating unless they brag incessantly. For example, Melanie is fabulous at everything she does (she's academically and musically gifted, and she has some coordination), but she never brags about her abilities. She doesn't want attention drawn to it. Jess, on the other hand, is also academically gifted and talented at many things...and wow, that girl can brag. Her twin sister isn't bad at all, though; I actually kind of like Zan.

I'm not athletic or coordinated whatsoever. However, I can ride my bike for three hours straight without getting cramped legs! That should count for something. My sister is a beautiful dancer/ballerina, and she is so coordinated and just so graceful. I wish her personality when she is not dancing matched. What I'm trying to say is that all of us excell at different things...and trust me, I'm no sports star like Jess, I'm not a ballerina like Sandrine, and I'm not a musician like Melanie...heck, I'm not an anatomy genius like Lilly!...but have my own special talents. We all do, and that's what adds to the mix of the human race. If we were all good at everything, life would be boring.

Bisous et bonne chance!
Sabine

Wendy said...

Hello, Haley! Good to hear from you. First of all, congrats for getting into such a great school! Don't ever doubt that you belong there, though. You're really smart and you're a special person. I know how it feels to have other "perfect" girls make you feel inferior, though. But you really have no reason to worry!

Hopefully your roommates are at least nice? I hope you're all getting along well!

I also wanted to let you know that I've nominated your blog for the Versatile Blogger Award! You can read the details and rules over at my blog. =)

http://wendymsdarling.blogspot.com/2012/03/versatile-blogger-award.html